Sunday, October 24, 2010

"Are you someone who lives or dies for the one you love?"

         With malnourished emotions and an overdose on unsterile injections of distorted views in romantic love, I believed that when you finally met your prince charming, you would revolve your life around him, set aside your dreams to show dedication, live for the moment, and die for him in any circumstance. This view of Love spread through my veins like wild fire at the tender age of nine. 
         I desired this type of love and relationship with the opposite sex. Now twenty-two, I applied my above definition of love to whom I had a relationship with. The sad part about it was the relationship never came out the way it should have and I ended up with nothing. I was looking at a picture of my now unrequited love as I was on my way to the bottom of my soul and outer edges of depression, at a beach in Carlsbad, when a fisherman wearing a pink, feminine scarf crossed my broken path. 

        Long story short -  Tuesday, Oct 19th, the fisherman told his story about the significance of his scarf. It was his late wife's who had died at sea. He too, battled his way through it and decided to live. He became a fisherman and lived on. He asked me if I was someone who lives or dies for the one I love. I couldn't give him an answer. 
         For days I have been trying to think of which person I was. I contemplated many things. But I finally came to a decision. And since the past thirteen years of living love the way I had, has done nothing but give hopelessness and pain, I am finally ready to switch sides.

I most assuredly have my answer: I am someone who lives.

         I am alive. He is alive. I live for me; I live for him. Both of us will restart. Both of us will live. I have faith that we will meet again. I vow to come for him, if he waits for me.

1 comment: