Saturday, March 13, 2010

Howls from your Lone Wolf

         I called to wish you a happy birthday, and like every year, I call you and all that comes out of my mouth is, "Happy Birthday" and that's about it. But the thing is - it's not it at all. I actually have so many things to say to you on your special day.

         Two nights ago I purposely set some time to think about you and all that you have done. These words came from my reflections in the moon.
         I lied beneath the moon while I enjoyed consuming the last remnants of winter. I waited till I felt the numbness of my fingers and toes to begin reciting my words born for you on that day. As I sank into the grass, I wondered if you were enjoying yourself; what were you doing at the same moment I was thinking of you? Were you with your favorite person, doing your favorite thing, and thinking your favorite thoughts? I wished to be where you were, though I had nothing to show you, give you, or tell you -- once again. But I hope my deepest thoughts for you can reach you now.

         Further into the night: I waited under the dark, speckled sky till I was just about freezing, so that my thoughts and feelings would come from my core, when churning with heat in its warmest form when appreciating you. In the mist of my celebration for you, my gift of thoughts swept me away to a place where I replayed my favorite memories that I had with you. I caught the visions of US. Oh goodness, I can't communicate these feelings properly, and also, I know there aren't words to describe the way I feel about you because my feelings are above language.

         In short, while praising you and wishing you a happy birthday, I think I was being healed: Thinking about who you are; what you've done for me; what you've done for everyone; sharing your gift of talents and friends; accepting me, and most importantly, forgiving me.
         I'm strange huh Dad?

Happy Birthday Father, Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sweetie! Oh yeah, you are strange...;-)

    ReplyDelete