Sunday, March 07, 2010

My 5-7-5: Spring '10

To Spring: The more green
I see, the healthier I
seem to be. Thank you.

There are no fires
on these hills, but there is one
burning up my heart.

Constant tears drench her
cheeks, staining her chin. My
wish is for her smile.

Wrapped up in your belt,
I am crisp towards you. I stare
as long as I can.

I brush the dust off
the card you sent me. I read
our promise out loud.

Lying under the
moon, I beat my chest like a
congo drum. Hear me!

It drizzles when the
skies are clear; it pours as the
horsetails fade to gray.

The words you whispered
separate like and love; please
don't let me forget.

Spring's birth is poignant;
and I can feel its needs while
laughing in the rain.

You look up at me,
but then I just feel down. I'm
not the one you need.

Like a new-born star,
you are untouchable and
impressive at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment